Oru Veerapulakathinte Katha
Category : HISTORY
Veerapulakathinte Katha is a collection of though provoking essays written by PK Balakrishnan. The credit for this book goes to Poorna Printing & Publishing house, Varkala and Dr S Shaji. Of the compilation of 25 articles, 20 are related to history. The evolution of the caste sytem in India, the fatal blow the British rule dealt to it and the skewed manifestations of the attempts to tilt back the clock come up repeatedly in many of these essays. Our failure to appreciate the depths to which caste influences our thinking denies the ability to confront reality and to come out of its clutches. What started as social reform movements is soon overshadowed by regressive counter-movements that seek to fight the forces that strike at the roots of the injustices of the cast system. It is a tragedy that we are unable to distinguish in our freedom struggle these forces from the aspiration and confidence of a new thinking striving for self-determination. The articles deal with this complex subject in different contexts and levels, Kerala History, literature etc.
The book consists of the following collection:
- What is Narayana Guru?
- The Relevance of the School at Shivagiri
- Asan and Vallathol
- N Kumaranasan
- The Social Vision of Kumaranasan
- The Fear of Death, Simple Death and Real Death
- The Altar of Poetry
- The Social Revolution that was Stitched Instead of the Silk Blouse.
- The Story of a Heroic Thrill
- About a Great Man Whom I Have Not Met
- A Play that Wrote History by Itself.
- Parasuram the Paper Tiger and Aaromal, the Hero.
- Me, Zamorin, Gama et al
- Our Great Tradition of Peace
- An Introduction to the Study of Tradition in Kerala
- Marxism and Literature
- Decadent Writing and Socialist Realism
- The Feudal Literature of Communist Leaders
- Some Regtrograde Thoughts about Literary Criticism
- Citicism of Literature of Kerala
- Our Revolutionary System and Feudalism
- Some General Facts About History
- The State of Kerala History and the Basis of Approach of EMS
- An Introduction to the History of Namboodiris
- Namboodiri and The Society of Kerala
Copyright © Avinash Prabhakaran 2023